Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Anger Management?

Whoa. I need to get a hold of myself. I think all I really need is some sleep, honestly. This morning, the Baby and I went on an outing to Babies R Us, to pick up his essentials... diapers, wipes, nursery water, and formula. Formula was the most important, because we were pretty low on it.

I got to Babies R Us with the little one (this is no small feat to those of you with no kids. There are strollers, car seats, baby bags, crying babies, etc,), walked in, and went right to the area of the store that sells actual necessities (instead of recliners, and insane amounts of baby clothes). This area is the back corner of the store... clever, huh? They make you truck all the way through all their crap just to buy some diapers, with the hopes that you will see and decide to purchase a walker for a hundred dollars.

Anyway. I get all the way back there with my fussy, crying teething baby, to find that they do not have the formula I need. The Baby is on a very specific kind of formula that is supposed to help his reflux. It does help, so we keep buying it. Anyway. They didn't have it. I was extremely furious about this. I mean, like, major mad. I was my very own version of Red Ross.

What was to be done about this? Nothing, really. What was my option? I had to leave, pack up the car and go across the street to Target. This is a major pain in the ass, but not the worst thing in the world. However, if you'd seen me, or been there with me, you would have thought it was the worst thing in the world. I almost started crying (again.... I do this ALL the time).

It wasnt' that long ago that this would not have phased me a bit. I am by nature an extremely laid back person. I don't really know what even happened to that person.

I also used to be:
fun.
funny.
logical.
thoughtful.
patient.

Those qualities are also gone, or are at least on a very long hiatus.

I considered complaining to the check out girl, but before I did, I took a good look at her and realized that a 19 year old with black eyeliner and an eyebrow ring really didn't care. And why should she? I know I didn't care about people's quests to find the right baby formula ten years ago.

Teething hell continues.

2 Comments:

At 1:25 PM , Blogger Keith said...

I would like to dispute your declaration that you are no longer thoughtful and patient. Sorry your day has been such hell. I will take over soon. Be there by 2:45 today.

 
At 4:55 PM , Blogger sandie said...

Haha-- that's the same reason they put the milk, bread, and eggs in the back corner of the grocery store... damn store planners!

I used to dread going anywhere when Dane was in a bad mood because I would feel embarassed if he seemed miserable... but then I stopped caring what other people thought, haha!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home