Saturday, February 25, 2006

Barbie's Dreamhouse Shade of Pink

Have you noticed my uber-feminine new format? This morning, my family and I were at Toys R Us, and I found myself looking longingly at the Barbies. I loved Barbie. I know, I know, she's a terrible doll for little girls to play with... I myself sat and wondered as a child why my feet were bigger than my breasts (they still are), while Barbie's were clearly the opposite.

Anyway, as I gazed at Beautiful Barbie in the pink box, I was reminded yet again that I will never have a daughter to play Barbie with. Of course, if my son really wanted to play with a Barbie, I am the kind of person who would be completely comfortable with that... but it's still not really the same thing. My husband and I are very carefully planning to not have more than one child. While I'm completely comfortable with this decision, I still get a little bummed when looking at all the girly stuff that I won't get to play with with the daughter I'm not going to have.

So my new pepto bismol pink format is a little salute to "girl toys" and how I still love them, even though I'm now officially outnumbered by boys.

5 Comments:

At 9:44 AM , Blogger sandie said...

I had this same template for awhile but in green, I think.

LittleJeans is long-overdue for a graphic re-haul.

 
At 1:31 PM , Blogger suebaby said...

Yeah, girl, change it up!!

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger Wendi Kitsteiner said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:51 PM , Blogger Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Susie! How are you! I saw your post on my blog and couldn't figure out who the heck you were. Which brought me here and I finally figured it out. As for the corduroy, I figured out why you don't remember the horribleness of corduroy. I suppose your mother never put you in hand-me-downs from older boys at church? Ha! Anyways, great to see you and your blog!

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger Keith said...

I must say, I have little dreams of what our little girl would be like myself...however, I also have big nightmares of having two kids!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home