Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Disney Report

Have I ever said that I loved Disney World? I do. I do love it, despite these things:

the convenient buses that are supposed to "shuttle" you to your disney destination take forever and the system is a little confusing. We thought we were going to Downtown Disney and ended up at Epcot. Crap.

The price and the quality of most of the food.

The "water view" my husband paid extra for which turned out to be a view of the hedge around the pool. This resulted in complaining and we were given a much better room with a view.

the provided shampoo by Disney is more like liquid hand soap and does not clean my hair.

The fact that it is very hard to buy chap stick there.

Despite these things, we had the best weekend ever. It was super fun and relaxing. We went to Epcot, went on some rides, did a little drinking, but mostly we just got to walk around and talk. That was really the best part. The resort was beautiful, and anyone who's been to Epcot knows how pretty it is, so it was cool just to be outside and look at the trees and flowers and stuff.

We also eventually found our way to Downtown Disney (albeit by car, not by shuttle bus) and got to see Brokeback Mountain. So good... I don't think I have the time and energy right now to really share how I feel about this movie, but I can just say that when I saw Life is Beautiful back in 1997 or something, I not only loved it, but it was also an important movie that brought awareness to people. Brokeback Mountain so far is the only other movie I've seen in my life that I felt the same way about. People shouldn't be afraid to see it because it's a"gay movie" or anything like that. It's amazing.

Anyway, things are pretty good... just adjusting to being back at home with the little one. He got his four month old shots yesterday... we are all still dealing with the aftermath of that. I hope that everyone else is doing well. Not much else to say.

1 Comments:

At 7:22 PM , Blogger sandie said...

That's funny, I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain but I've heard VERY mixrd reviews about it... either you loved it or hated it, I guess.

Glad you had such a great time, you deserved a little break!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home