Wednesday, January 18, 2006

the power of new undies

My wonderful husband and I decided to shop this past weekend. Actually, we decided to "wear this baby out". We took him out in the stroller, hit the nearest shopping center, and literally shopped all day. I think we went in every store in the place, even the Christian bookstore (just kidding). So, because of this, the two people that really shouldn't be spending any money, bought some new stuff. Actually, I bought new stuff, and my husband bought the burritos we ate for lunch. My purchases are as follows:

~New bottle brush (we were both excited about this one, because the old brush had gotten gross... think "old toothbrush"

~Birthday cards for my mom... I should probably just send them to North Carolina... but, no, I'm not bitter

~New t shirts for me (old ones have gotten mysterious baby stains on them)

~and NEW UNDIES!! This was exciting for a few reasons. Here's why... I've never thought of myself as a sexpot (what a funny word) or anything, but I am one of those women who likes to wear cute underwear. Interpret "cute" however you want to... I'm not going into detail. Anyway... after nine months of being pregnant and about two months of recovering, my underwear was in sorry shape. Not only did it mainly consist of granny panties, but they were all worn out, the elastic was stretched out (obviously), faded, and just overall gross looking. Now, like I said, I'm not a sexpot, but my husband and I are still technically newlyweds, and I just felt like crap walking around in these nasty old undies. I mean, I want to look good for him but also for myself. So, I bought a little three pack of underwear from old navy, and to be honest, I'm so excited about them, that I haven't even worn them yet. They're not sexy really, they're not racy, they're not conservative, they're just clean and new... Ahhh... I feel like my body's been through hell and back, and I'm going to enjoy the hell out of these undies.

I don't even know when I'm going to wear them... I think I like the anticipation of wearing them even more than actually wearing them.

In other news... the little guy is fine... we had some really rough teething days and were worried because he still wasn't eating very well... but he seems to be doing better now. Marriage is wonderful... Disney weekend is next weekend. We are planning to go to a movie... haven't been to one since The Baby... What should we see?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home