Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Year's Blues

I hope everyone had a good new years... our's was... fine. There's not exactly an overabundance of people waiting to watch your child for you on New Year's Eve, so we resigned ourselves to the inevitable fact that we would be staying in for the night. That led to putting The Baby to bed, sharing some kind of weird berry flavored champagne and watching the ball drop. Did anyone else out there see Dick Clark? Ok, I had no idea that he'd had a stroke, and while I guess it's a great accomplishment that he was able to be on the show, albeit from his bulletproof glass cage, to be honest, it was still kind of a downer. I mean, Dick Clark with his scarf and ear muffs, standing in the middle of Times Square is an icon. I felt bad for him that he'd had the stroke, but also it made me do the whole Life is Short, appreciate what you have, philosophical moment. Which isn't that unusual to do on New Year's Eve anyways, but it is unusual when it's brought on by watching Dick Clark talk about his speech therapy and having to relearn how to walk. My mom always looked at Dick Clark and said, "God, he looks so young"... well, I guess that is no longer the case.

Anyway, in day to day life news... the new job is going well, The Baby is great... smiling and making weird funny noises all the time, marriage is BLISS... I have the greatest husband in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home