Thursday, February 23, 2006

A love letter of sorts.

In case any of you ever wonder about the other things that are going on in me and my family's life, feel free to check out my husband's blog at http://incrediblynormal.blogspot.com. In it, he is doing an awesome job of summing up our lives lately. He is writing about the stuff that I am either blocking out because I just can't handle it anymore or too tired to even talk about lately.

While I'm on the subject of my husband, can I just say that he is the most amazing person I have ever met? He is, by far, the greatest father I have ever seen... my mother has said the same thing. He is also the greatest husband I have ever seen. I guess I don't really have the words to really do this man justice. But I shall try!

Everyday, he goes to work where he is a counselor for kids in an elementary school. I have had the exact same job as him and I know that it is emotionally, physically, and mentally draining. He comes home to our son and I, and immediately takes over and gives me a break. He equally feeds, diapers, plays with, and puts to bed our son. We take turns getting up in the middle of the night to feed/ change him. Actually, I think maybe my husband gets up a slightly higher number of times than I do. He is the only one who bathes our son... I was too scared when we first brought him home and eagerly passed on that responsibility. Now, I guess it's just habit. I've never given our son a bath and he's over five months old. I'm sure I will one day... I just haven't yet.

But it's not just that. For one thing, people tend to act impressed, shocked, or even confused when they hear about how involved he is with his son. Why, I don't know. No, I know, it's because dads like him are few and far between. That's a whole other discussion on social and society norms, and trust me, my husband has already discussed that in his blog. I'm too tired to get into that myself at this point.

But, like I said, it's not just that. This man is also sweet, caring, funny (and I mean REALLY FUNNY), loving, affectionate, an incredible listener, a validator of your feelings, concerned, smart, dedicated, basically any positive adjective you could use to describe a person could be applied to him.

Despite all the shit, the baby's health issues, the mold growing on our walls, problems with insurance companies, work stress, sleep deprivation, etc, etc, I truly have the greatest life I could have ever imagined, largely due to my husband. My son is wonderful and has enriched my life immeasurably and I take some of the credit myself, too... I like the person that I've become as an adult and know that being happy with myself has increased my happiness with my life. But being with my husband truly makes everything just... better, you know?

I'm lucky and I'm happy.

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM , Blogger Keith said...

Now that everyone feels like I paid my wife to say all of those things...let me just say, I love her like the dickens!!!

These blogs are basically becoming a testimony as to how crazy in love we are. Sorry for those of you who think we are narcisistic but we just want everyone to know I guess. Ever since I proposed and she said yes and then decided to have a baby with me (wink) I've wanted to tell strangers about how much in love I am.

Susie, You Rock; and, you guessed it, I Roll!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home