Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The baby and I are in the middle of a pleasant day. Yes, you read correctly. Things are pretty nice today. Although, there's not been much sleep in the form of naps... so things could go from peaceful to crap any second.

I like the fact that my baby doesn't often smile at strangers. See, we spend a lot of time in the mall and people just tend to walk right up to him and talk to him. It doesn't really seem to bother him, he stares at them intently, but he rarely smiles back. This amuses me because I know that people talk to babies with the hope of getting a smile back. My baby is already a passive aggressive rebel as evidenced in his nonwillingness to engage with these people. It's like he knows that they just want a smile, and it's almost like he's thinking... "Go try with some other baby... I'm not your little pet."

OK, maybe that's just my thoughts.

I'm thinking of changing my background again. It's really really pink. I think I need a calmer color.

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM , Blogger Keith said...

I'm sitting here at work and reading your blog counting the minutes to come home and see you two. I think you should change the color to caramel cause, well, I like caramel. Just met with a kid who's dad left him two days ago with no explanation...just disappeared. His grandparents died one year ago and he has never talked with anyone about it. He watched a video tape of the funeral a few days ago he found in his parent's room. Oh, and he just had a new baby brother born which keeps him up at night...this I can truly empathize with. He's only 8 and his shoes are too small. Needless to say, he isn't behaving during Jeb Bush's FCAT and will likely stay in the 3rd grade yet another year. Thanks Jeb!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home