Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The sickness is coming out of my eyes.

OK, so I know someone who was sick a few years ago, and upon getting over her virus/ cold/ whatever it was, said, "I was so sick that the sickness was coming out of my eyes." I'm not kidding. She really said that.

Well, I laughed then and I laugh now, although, I do feel bad for laughing, because what goes around comes around, and now...

I'm sick (although nothing is coming out of my eyes except sad little tears).

Actually, we all are/were. Jack is doing better. He had a mental breakdown of sorts on sunday, physically flipping out (as in physically uncontrollable) and crying for us to help him. We were scared out of our minds... he had never behaved like this and we had no idea what was wrong with him. We took him to the emergency clinic who verified two very bad ear infections. I had been scared that he was in pain from his cyst or was having some kind of major sudden health issue... But, no, just ear infections. He's been on antibiotics ever since and is slowly improving.

Keith and I also have some kind of upper respiratory nightmare. He seems to be getting better, and I seem to be getting worse. I am going to the doctor tomorrow because I am starting to worry that I might end up with bronchitis or pneumonia if I don't get this taken care of.

Anyway... so that's where we're at.

Jack hopefully is returning to "school" tomorrow.

My last day of work was today, I start my new job on Thursday... hopefully I won't be feeling like I'm going to die by Thursday.

Keith also had some kind of freak "I've got something in my eye and I just can't get it out" thing last night, which rounded out the day nicely. We now think it was some kind of wayward deoderant glob or something. That would not feel good, so I definitely felt bad for Keith.

And so the anticipated long string of colds/ illnesses from having a child in day care officially begins. Not cool.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So number one, sorry I haven't visited your blog in a month! I didn't realize it had been that long, until I just popped in and noticed several unread posts. This teaching thing is about an 80+ hour a week job when you're brand new at it and making up your syllabus from day to day. I am also taking an online class, continuing to work my HSN job from home part time at night, oh yeah and raising those two kids of mine. Just a little overwhelmed.
Secondly, I am SO sorry we didn't get to come to Jack's party. I sure hope your two-year-old had a great day!
Thirdly, please accept my apologies for your upper respiratory infection. It is certainly a side effect of our parallel lives; as I was going through the worst ever right about the same time, mid-late September. And yes, day care sends home everything short of bubonic plague. The first month is the worst. I really hope your feeling better.
Finally, best of luck with the new job. Can't wait to hear how it goes.
Whew. Feeling more caught up now on. Just have to re-read The Scarlet Letter by Friday. Right. No problem.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home