Friday, September 07, 2007

Better and Better

OK, Some updates...

well, Wednesday was a bad day... I was tired, overwhelmed, worried, emotional, all that stuff. Keith and I talked that night and I felt better. I woke up Thursday feeling much better and thought, "I'm going to try to make Wednesday my last bad day." I know that's a little unrealistic in light of all this chaos, but I thought it would be good to be optimistic.

So... yesterday and today have been good! Jack's doing well, and we found him a day care. He (for the moment) seems excited about "school". We met his teacher today and the other kids and that went surprisingly well.

Keith is getting better and better. Some days are almost totally normal (despite the cast), and some days are not so great, but definitely big improvements are being had... and he's back at work, which is good.

Keith and I have made the decision to close our business. This is great news! It was so stressful and time consuming lately, and with me going back to work full time and Keith recovering from everything, it just started to feel like too much and just not worth it. We talked it over, and decided we'd had enough and would both feel better having our evenings free to be together and with Jack. Ahhhh. Maybe one day, in the future, we'll try again, but I just feel so much better not having to worry about it anymore that I don't even really care if we do or not!

My car suddenly started starting really slow the other day. this was, I think, what started me on my downward spiral earlier in the week. It is now with the mechanic being looked at. The car thing caused a "I need to vent" call to my stepdad, who being the angel that he is, offered us the opportunity to buy my mom's car. She was driving a 2003/2004 Hyundai Santa Fe that is in great shape. In light of the new job and the fact that we will soon have more money, we have decided to take him up on the offer. It will be a little weird driving my mom's car, but I think, kind of nice, too. I know that him selling us the car is a win win for everybody, and I know my mom would have felt good about it, too.

I'm getting excited about my new job! I still have several weeks to go, but I find myself thinking about it more and more and I'm really looking forward to the change.

Jack's 2nd birthday and birthday beach party are next weekend... we cannot wait! We are very much looking forward to celebrating with family and close friends all weekend. Two years old. Sheesh.

Speaking of Jack, that kid not only drinks from his favorite cup like a champ (which looks a lot like a bottle, but still is technically a cup) but today he officially mastered "Picking up a juice box all by himself and drinking the Juice out of the Straw ALL BY HIMSELF!!!"

Now, I've seen much littler kids do this, but Jack just kind of took his time learning this skill. Well, I can tell you that I'm so glad he finally got it. And before going to day care, too. That will make things easier for everyone.

So... good times. We are hoping for a good weekend, but know it will be busy. We have birthday stuff to do and car stuff to work out, but that's cool. Hope everyone is doing well.

4 Comments:

At 2:33 PM , Blogger sandie said...

Awesome!!! So many good, positive things. I have been feeling pretty down in the dumps for a few unbloggable reasons and this helped cheer me up :)

Can't wait to see you all next weekend!

 
At 7:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are really looking forward to seeing you guys too! Hope things are ok... and glad that I was able to help brighten things up a bit.

 
At 11:27 AM , Blogger Keith said...

Can't wait for the fair skinned duo to hook up. Between the two them we'll need at least a gallon of sun screen, 2 umbrellas, and 2 hats and of course UV ray, sun-proof clothing...and they'll still get burned.

 
At 6:34 AM , Blogger crazystegmamaof4 said...

Heaving a sigh for ya' that things are lookin' up and that you have a brighter outlook. And big ol' hurrays for that cup-drinkin'/straw-sippin' boy of yours!! From the mom of a boy who finally eats whole bananas and similar estranged foods...I applaud Jack...overcoming their phobias is a great accompishment! Have fun at the big ol' beach bash...soak up some rays and eat some cake for us...wish we could be there! Love ya, T-Nasty Mama :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home