Monday, June 25, 2007

Sting!

I hate it, I hate it, I HATE IT when Jack is sick. I don't think I hate anything more.

Jack had been doing better going into the weekend, but then... I don't really know what happened but the weekend turned out to be... shitty. Jack's antibiotics are doing a bad number on him regarding his poor stomach and it has made him very irritable. I don't know how many time outs he had this weekend, but it was a lot. And I felt bad giving a sick kid a time out, but oh well... the incessant screaming and throwing of toys just got to be too much. I've had two breakdowns so far... one on Friday night and one yesterday. I don't know how people with more than one child do it. I really don't.

Today has been a busy work day for Keith and I both and we are planning to go on vacation next week. I hope we see some improvement in Jack or it will be a very very long car ride to North Carolina.

I hope tonight Jack sleeps through the night so neither of us have to get up and watch the PBS special about Sting singing old Irish songs with a lute. That probably doesn't make any sense. Keith tivoed this special about Sting, and something about the music and the singing is very interesting to Jack (and calming, too) so when he wakes up in the middle of the night, we put that on and he watches it for awhile and eventually goes back to sleep. Thank goodness for Sting... but it's getting very old.

I just want some sleep and to have my sweet happy boy back.

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM , Blogger sandie said...

STING playing the lute... I love it!

 
At 5:45 PM , Blogger suebaby said...

It's just so... Stingy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home