Friday, June 15, 2007

Close quarters

We live in a neighborhood of townhomes that are VERY close to each other. Many times, Jack has woken up in the night, and I've worried about the neighbors hearing him. Well, last night, our neighbors who are usually very quiet had a friend(s) over, two young men (maybe 20) that sat on their back porch, smoked and talked for hours. Sometimes during their talking they did a little freestyle rapping. Kind of funny, not a big deal, when it's 9:30 at night.

But when I woke up at 2:30am in my bed and could still hear them, outside on their own patio, talking, I was pissed. Not ten minutes later, Jack woke up very angry and demanding some milk. I took him downstairs while Keith opened our window and very assertively (my word for the month, I guess) told them that , "My son just woke up". Well, thankfully, the guys "got it" and went inside after another minute. They were quiet after that, and I should know since I laid in bed for about another hour, unable to fall asleep.

At least Jack went back to sleep. Ugh. I'm a little tired today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home