Friday, June 01, 2007

Jack, the lil tadpole

OK, so Jack's swimming... sort of? He is screaming and crying and saying "Uh-oh" amidst his sobs... but he's learning? Maybe?

The swim teacher is GREAT and I have no doubt that he's going to be swimming for real soon and probably really liking it. He's just not liking it YET. But... He's gone under and has held on to the side of the pool and everything, so we're off to a good start.

It's very... emotional, obviously. We have to restrain ourselves from jumping in and "rescuing" him from the evil swim teacher. I just about had a breakdown the first time she put him under the water. Then, I missed the second day because I couldn't get out of work early enough. The guilt from that was probably worse than the guilt felt from watching the actual lesson.

I'd like to think that he will learn to swim and love it and most importantly, be able to get out of a pool if he inadvertently falls in one, but who knows right now?

One funny result of swim lessons... there's been a resurgence of Jack using the phrase, "I sorry." He says it during the lesson whenever Trish, the swim teacher does something he doesn't like. Now he's saying "I sorry" just about every two minutes. If he accidentally brushes against your hand while walking by you, he says, "I sorry." If he drops his blanket, "I sorry". It's getting to the point of insane repitition, but yet, still funny.

Tonight we went out to dinner at the worst barbeque place I've ever been... and there was a deer head on the wall. Jack thought it was a zebra. Hee hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home