Friday, May 18, 2007

Extreme disappointment

Not in Jack, he's fine.

A few weeks ago, K., J. and I went to a nearby park and played in the lake. I foolishly left my watch on and even though it says water resistant, it got all foggy. I left it alone for a few days and it cleared up... and then stopped working. I thought, Dead Battery, although, deep down, I feared worse because this watch is only three years old.

Today, I took it to a jeweler who pronounced my watch Dead On Arrival. Apparently, it got water damage and has no chance of being fixed.

I almost cried.

Now, I'm not a snob or a "labels" person, but this is an extremely nice watch... a Movado. And I LOVED it. I just think it's so beautiful. I hardly even wear jewelry and this was my favorite watch I've ever had and I wore it every day.

It was a gift from my ex husband, and we've been split up for years, and that might be considered as weird or awkward by some and I STILL wore it every day.

The jeweler suggested I consider sending it back... Hmmm, I'd love to, but when it's a gift from your ex husband, how do you go about tracking down the warranty and receipt? I can't find it and I have no idea if he has it. I REALLY don't want to call or email and ask.

But, it's my favorite watch and that's my only hope of getting a new one. Sigh.

In other news, we are fine. Jack's been a bit testy this week. Is he getting sick? We've been keeping him busy with lots of activities, so I don't know... he's eating and sleeping and playing, so I'm not going to worry... yet.

7 Comments:

At 4:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your watch, I would be bummed too b/c it really is a nice watch. Maybe try taking it to another jeweler. Maybe someone who specializes in watches, or like you said contact Movado directly. I find it hard to believe that it just can't be fixed, I would think there's something that can be done. I'll have my fingers crossed for you. Love ya

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger Giant Sloth said...

Awww that sucks!

 
At 7:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sloth, Identify yourself, please! Are you my brother?

 
At 7:30 AM , Blogger crazystegmamaof4 said...

Major bummer...I have had similar experiences with "liar watch makers"...don't believe those water-resistant claims! I still can't believe no one can fix it. I thought anything could be fixed (for a price)...I would contact the company too (though we all know how much workt that could be)...maybe your superb hubby could buy you an even better watch! And I am equally intrigued by the identity of sloth...hmmm....

 
At 7:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, what's up with sloth? Stef and Kel, thanks for the advice... Keith says I should go for a second opinion too... maybe this week... Sloth? What do you think?

 
At 8:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries, I will buy you a Swatch!

 
At 11:45 AM , Blogger sandie said...

Darn it! I am teh sloth. Husband's log in. Darn.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home