Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Heaven

First of all, I would like to mention that Mother's Day (as if we don't all know this, but I feel the need to say it all the same), much like Father's Day, can be a very emotional holiday for people. For those of us that are wanting to become moms, but aren't there yet or for those of us who have lost their moms, Mother's Day is tough. For those of you that are having a rough kind of Mother's Day, I'm thinking of you today and hoping for a good day for you.

I'm lucky, lucky, lucky. I have a great Mom... she's strong, smart, funny, and loving. I also have a wonderful Mother in law... she's all the same things as my mom. They are so different, but both so wonderful. I also have Aunt Jane, who's been kind of Mommish to me... so I'm really really lucky. I love all of my moms.

I also had a terrific Mother's Day weekend. Keith, Jack, and I went to Miami to visit Keith's family and we had an amazing time. We had so much fun and Jack was GREAT. He was wonderful in the car, he ate well, slept well, and was extremely well behaved. We had a wonderul weekend.

I also got messages and cards from my Mom, Valerie, Stef, Joe, and an old friend Melissa, so that was awesome.

And guess what else? The old Saturn got an incredible upgrade. Keith and his dad were in cahoots and while we were gone, Richard took my car and got a cd player put in!!!! I was totally surprised and am very excited. Not only is there a new cd player, but Keith had them put in new speakers, and stereo... years ago, the radio broke in my car, so since 2004, I've been driving around with only enough reception to get two radio stations... the rest of the time it's just static. NOT ANYMORE!

In addition to that major gift, I also got the new Beatles cd and a travel journal to write about our family adventures. It was such an awesome weekend. I love my family so much.

Thanks Keith and Jack... love you guys. And thanks Val, Richard, Mom, Joe, Stef, Jane, etc... Love you all, too.

4 Comments:

At 9:22 AM , Blogger sandie said...

I'm glad you had such a nice trip AND Mother's Day! It's so great when everything just WORKS sometimes!

 
At 9:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soooo happy and proud to be your mom.

 
At 1:28 PM , Blogger crazystegmamaof4 said...

Awwww...grandee...I love you too! You were always like a second mom to me growing up and I have the utmost respect and love for you and the open door policy you always had at your ol' FL home! I miss you!!! I hope you had a spendid Mom's Day! Hope all's going a-ok in NC! You rock, Dee! And I'm glad you had a great MD, Suester! What rockin' gifts you got...can't belive the ol' Sally Saturn is so well equipped now! Whoa, baby! And so glad your little guy cooperated for your trip...being a fellow mom of screaming kid travelers I know how rare treat it is to have them be good the whole time! Hats off to Jack for treating his mama good! Anyway...miss you guys. Hugs to you and to fellow Mom, Dee!!!! Love,
Kel

 
At 9:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks guys... it was a great weekend... sounds like everyone else had a great one too! LJ I got such a kick out of reading about your boating adventures... Mom, I love you so much and can't wait to see you... and Kel, you're just the best... I was thinking the other day that we met each other when we were Hailey's age!? Can you believe that?! crazy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home