Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I think I'm just going to be feeling sad for a while.

I'm feeling... sad. It's been a rough month with everything that has been going on. Jack being sick, tax stress, insane work stress (still ongoing to some degree), Jack still not sleeping consistently through the night (this includes twenty minute inconsolable screaming fits in the middle of the night), family health issues... and those are just my own problems.

Then there's the VA Tech thing. Technically, it doesn't have much of a direct effect on me. I know no one that lives in VA (I think). I don't want to take on this tragedy and make it my own or anything, but God, I just can't help but feel extremely sad.

I had Jack outside with me as much as possible this morning. Here, it's a beautiful day and I figured the sun would do us good. I'm sure I"m not the only one feeling down today. Hope all of you are doing ok. More later...

3 Comments:

At 3:01 PM , Blogger crazystegmamaof4 said...

I'm feeling the "sad thing" too...that whole VA thing is awful...I can't even bear to watch the news today. Hang in there...smiley days always seem to come around again :)

 
At 3:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes me feel so small and helpless, the opposite of how a parent wants to feel. We want to feel if we're just careful and make the right choices, we can keep our kids safe. The last couple of months I've been thinking seriously about teaching high school English next year. Last night I was trying to think how I can home school my own kids instead.
I feel so sorry for the parents.
There is one piece of this news that is definitely worth watching. Watch the video on CNN.com titled "Witness to Tragedy". It's an interview with one of the heroes who emerged from this insanity yesterday. Zach Petkewicz. Listening to him truly took my breath away and made me realize I have to raise my children to be this brave.

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger suebaby said...

Exactly!! I'll have to look Zack up when I'm not so unstable...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home