Friday, March 09, 2007

Three Day Weekend and a DATE!

Schools were closed in Orange County today. So our kind and generous supervisor gave everyone the day off. Keith and I were awarded a three day weekend!

Today was beautiful and we spent it in Winter Park. We went in search of the Gap, because we both had clothes we needed to return that we'd bought online. So we drove out there (it took an hour), exchanged the clothes, played in the park with Jack for awhile, and drove back (another hour). The traffic was horrendous, but we both seemed determined to stay in good moods.

We laughed a lot today, even when Jack got hot, cranky, and tired and even when we were sitting in gridlock on I 4. I really love my husband.

Tomorrow night, we are going on a date to Universal Studios. The Doobie Brothers are playing at their Mardi Gras thing they do... so we plan to sing along to "Jesus is just alright with me..." Did anyone besides me, Amy, and Joe watch that Freaks and Geeks show that was on a few years ago? Remember the one where Millie sang that song? Freakin' awesome.

2 Comments:

At 11:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched Freaks and Geeks, but I don't remember Millie singing that song. Have fun with the Doobie Bros. If you guys are ever in Winter Park on a Sunday let me know. I'd love to meet up.

 
At 9:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know... I thought of that while we were there... too bad it wasn't Sunday.

Millie sang that song at some party they all went to because she was trying to convince everyone not to drink and to "give Jesus a chance". It was hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home