Sunday, March 04, 2007

You built a time machine... out of a Delorean?

I've always loved Back to the Future. I've always loved the ride at Universal Studios. I've always loved Marty, Biff, Lorraine, and the whole gang. So...

Today we went to Universal Studios where we had a great time. This really is a great place to get outside and let your kid run around. It was crowded today and the characters were out in full force. We'd already seen Scooby, Woody Woodpecker, Shrek, Zorro, etc, etc.

So, anyway, we were finishing up lunch when all of the sudden, Dr. Emmit Brown walked by in full on 88 miles an hour costume on. I turned and saw him and he was just about to duck behind a building, probably to smoke a cig or something, and I found myself saying out loud, "Ohhh, coooooool." He heard me, turned, and saw me and came over to our little table. He began talking to Jack as Doc Brown and said some kooky things. Jack and Keith just stared at him, mildly amused. I stared at him as if he was a celebrity.

I can't believe I said, "Oh, cool."

I always get star struck, to the point of embarrassment. It's true. The night I met Sunny, who is my sister in law, I couldn't even talk to her. This is because for years, Sunny has sung all around Orlando, making and releasing her own cd's and became a bit of a local celebrity. She has an amazing voice and is incredibly talented. The night I met her was during one of her breaks between sets at Copper Rocket pub and she came over and said hi to me and I just stared at her.

Sheesh.

Anyway, so it's true, I always get star struck. But this Doc Brown one was ridiculous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home