Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Firstborn Survey

My friend Kelly had someone pass her this survey and I saw it on her blog. I just had to do it, too. I'm yet to meet any mother or father who don't like to tell their birth of their child(ren) stories, it's just fun and validating (like, hell, yeah, I really did all that). Anyway, feel free to disregard if you already know all this stuff... I just couldn't help myself.

My First Baby... Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? No... we were... surprised.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? No.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Complete and utter shock and worry.

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? Some may say it's an option for any woman... but, no, no, that was not a road I was interested in going down. I think it's a weird question anyway... who's going to say yes?

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 27

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I took two pee pee tests... they were both very positive.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Well, I guess I told Keith first... but then the first person we told together was Sunny, Keith's sister. The first person I told myself was my mom.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes... we'd already had enough surprises.

9. DUE DATE: September 27, 2005

10. DID YOU DELIVER EARLY OR LATE? Twelve days early, on September 15.

11. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes, for about two months... only once was I actually sick. The rest of the time I felt that I would be sick at any minute. Like Kelly, I too, had saltines by the bed at all times.

12. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Sleep! Also, we went out to dinner a lot, knowing that we wouldn't be once the baby was born and we kept ending up a Ruby Tuesday's where I would order a burger... I don't know if I really craved it or it was just chance. Ruby Tuesday's was about thirty seconds from our house at the time.

13. WHO IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? I would say that my coworkers made me crazy although they were wonderfully supportive.

14. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? BOY!

15. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? In the very beginning, I was hoping for a girl... then we found out he was a he, and I just kind of forgot about that... another weird question, I think.

16. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? Twenty- nine.

17. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? We had four! And we were truly lavished with gifts. That was awesome.

18. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? We knew about all four showers... like I said, we'd had enough surprises already.

19. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? No, it was a dream pregnancy.

20.WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Arnold Palmer Hospital for Women and Children in downtown O-town.

21. HOW MAY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Eleven and a half

22.WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Keith, of course!

23.WHO WATCHED? Keith, my mom, Dr. Crofoot, and Shirl, the most hated nurse ever.

24.WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? It wasn't no c-section, that's for sure.

25.DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Hell, yeah. Epidural!!

26.HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7 lbs., 5 oz.

27.DID YOUR CHILD HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS? Nope!

28.WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Jack Isaak

29. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 20 months

Of course, there's more to the story, the water breaking in the middle of night, Keith eating a bad tomato and having a stomach ache, my parent's driving up from Ft. Lauderdale at four o' clock in the morning to be there in time, and pushing that baby out in twenty minutes when they finally told me to... but this all is probably enough for now....

Love you, Keith and Jack!

2 Comments:

At 8:51 PM , Blogger crazystegmamaof4 said...

Hola, Fellow Mama! Or should I say Bonjour??!! First of all, sooooo excited about your possible upcoming bon voyage to a new country...I'm envious...I'd love to travel abroad...I guess the closest I'll get to that this year is Epcot :)

Second, I want to hear more about the bad tomato Keith ate during your labor...what's that about...you have me intrigued :)

Yay...I'm so glad you did the survery...of all my friends I was hoping you'd do it...I love hearing about babies and such...and I agree about the weird questions...what good mama is gonna admit to considering abortion or wishing their baby was the opposite gender...weird.

And don't worry...you didn't "ruin" my surprise shower in FL...I had an inkling about it already (just a mommy-to-be intuition :)) I was kinda relieved to know about it...I never have good reactions when I'm truly surprised :)) I was just amazed you drove all that way to come to it and see me...awww, you're the best!

Anyway...didn't mean to comment with this novel, but wanted to say "hey" and I enjoyed reading about the "coming of Jack"...I still remember when you called and told me you were married...and pg...I just about passed out...I was definitely surprised by that phonecall! :) But, now look at the sweet little man you have (referring to Jack)...and of course we all love Kiki too!

Love ya', ol' pal! :) T-Nasty :)

 
At 8:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Stegs,

Earlier in the night that I went into labor, Keith had some kind of salad or something with dinner... and ate a tomato that tasted "weird". At 11:30, my water broke and we left for the hospital. Off and on through the eleven hour labor, Keith had pains of his own... due to the "bad tomato". Luckily it eased up eventually and he didn't miss Jack's birth or anything. I think the nurses thought he had sympathy pains... but it was all due to the evil tomato... Poor Kiki.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home