Saturday, August 25, 2007

In case you were wondering...

OK, if Amy and I truly live parallel lives, then I don't even want to know what her week's been like. Because ours has been hell.

Tuesday night (in the middle of the night), Keith accidentally fell (long story) and broke his hand, split his lip, busted his chin open and got a concussion. He and I spent the rest of the night in the ER while his mom came to our house to go on Jack Duty.

Keith is doing ok, but is obviously not feeling good and in pain. We are all exhausted and out of sorts.

In the middle of all of this, I had three job interviews in three days, which proved to be overwhelming, but seemed to be something good to focus on in the middle of Keith's hell. Well, those happy feelings quickly ended when I got a call on Friday afternoon from someone telling me that I didn't get the job that I really wanted.

Hmmm.

In the middle of all of this, guess who knocked on our door. A Jehovah's Witness. Now, we all know how I feel about them coming to my door to talk to me about God, but, boy was that ever the worst timing. That woman found out exactly how I felt about what she was doing and I highly doubt that she will be coming back. This isn't really the time to talk to me about God.

Quick recap of the summer:

Haven't gotten a new job yet... didn't get the one I really wanted. Really, the least of the problems, but dissapointing nonetheless.
Keith has several bad injuries from a bad fall. This is very bad.
Other close family members with their own issues. Bad as well.
Oh, yeah, AND MY MOM DIED.

Don't feel too bad for us though...
Keith's doctors have been great and medical care has actually gone really well, which has been a great surprise.
I'm still married to the best man in the world and the mom of the best little boy in the world.

I guess it could be worse (but hopefully it won't GET worse).

3 Comments:

At 12:06 PM , Blogger sandie said...

Oh man :(

I'm really sorry about Keith's fall and also about those pesky JWs! I hope they took it to heart and maybe word will spread that among them that you're a "hopeless case"... one can only hope!

 
At 7:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know... don't you think that they should all be going back to their meeting room and exchanging their stories about ringing our doorbell and being immediately shot down every time? I mean, I think they've all stopped by at least once by now and not a single one has had any luck. Duh, JW's!

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger crazystegmamaof4 said...

Man...you guys have been through the crapper lately :( Not cool at all. What in the world happened to Kiki? Crap...that sounds awful! And so sorry about the job thing...that really bites...I really thought you'd get the one you wanted :( But, maybe that means there is a better one out there? I know easier to say when I'm not in the situation...but someones gotta be positive...and may as well be me :) And why don't you leave a sign on your door that actually says "No JW's...if you are one, don't knock". I just ignore them, but I can usually see them coming down the street and I close the blinds and tell the kids to be quiet :) I think it actually gets them more revved up when you answer the door and reject them...they see you as a "challenge" and someone to "win over"...but I'm no JW expert. Hope your luck turns around soon. I'm always thinking of you. It sounds that at least Jack is doing well...so I hope that's true. Love you guys and hang in there...brighter days will come. Hope your hubby is healing up.
Love ya, MamaStegs :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home