Tuesday, August 07, 2007

It's almost been a month since my mom died.

I actually tried to get on and blog a bit the other day, but the computer wouldn't let me. Ugh.

First of all, THANK YOU to all of you for your support. I have received either a card, phone call, email, or flowers from just about every person I know and it has really meant a lot. I have learned that I really appreciate things like cards when someone I love has died. This means that I will be way more thoughtful (and send a card at least ) to others when things like this happen to them.

I am doing ok. Some days are fine and some days are fine for several in a row. Other days are not. Some days I feel sad like I've never felt sadness before. It sounds very dramatic and tragic, but it's true. This is not the first sad thing that's happened to me, but I think it's the worst.

Like it or not, things are moving on. Jack's second birthday is in a month. I am continuing to look for a new job. The carpet is continuing to need to be vaccuumed. There is still a little boy to take care of, dishes to wash, cars to fix, etc, etc.

I think what Keith and I both really need is some fun. Unfortunately, there's just not much time for it. School starts soon here and that means our jobs are about to get crazy again and we still have to figure out if we can continue to run our after school business if I get a new job. We did get to go to Carraba's last week (thank you, Amy... that was one of the best things anyone could have done for us) and that was really, really good. Not just the food, which of course, was good, but being together and relaxing for an hour.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and let everyone know how much I appreciate them thinking of me and my family. I'll write more again soon.

2 Comments:

At 7:09 AM , Blogger crazystegmamaof4 said...

Oh Sue, I've missed you...and missed your posts. I know you said you might not blog anymore, but I've still been checking it almost every day...just wondering how you were doing. I don't pretend to know what your going through, but I know that if I'm still sad about Dee then your sorrow must be 100 times worse. Please know that I'm thinking of you always. I know life has to go on even in grief, but it doesn't make it easy. If you need anything ever...let me know. Glad you and Keith got to get out and relax for an hour. Amy's awesome for helping you do that! :) Hang in there, my friend. Love ya, Kel

 
At 2:36 PM , Blogger Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Glad to hear you are doing well ... I don't understand this grief, but I understood what you wrote when you said "sadness like you've never felt it before". I can't offer advice because I don't know this feeling, but I can tell you that grief stinks ... but you are strong.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home