Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Quick trip recap

My supervisor asked me yesterday, "How was your vacation?" To which I replied, "We aren't calling it a "vacation". We call it a "big trip".

This basically means that it was not restful or relaxing (or vacation-like) in any way, shape or form. But... it was really fun at times and GREAT to see my family.

The time we spent at the beach was awesome (on the way up and back from NC). We stayed at a divey beach motel right on the beach and played together for hours. Jack LOVED it.

The time in North Carolina was great, too. We saw all my family and got to take Jack on a walk on the nature trail behind my parent's house. It was very fun. We are planning to take a trip back again very soon... possibly just me in a few weeks.

One of the hardest parts was the driving. Jack did pretty well in the car but overall did not like being on the road that much. Toys and a portable dvd player helped, but really didn't make that much of a difference. We made lots and lots of stops for him to get out and play at rest stops. The five hour drive from Amelia Island to Charlotte actually took us eight hours. UGH.

Anyway, we're back now and it's great to be home.

1 Comments:

At 8:09 AM , Blogger sandie said...

Oh man, I know what you mean about vacation being a lot of work now! Glad you had a great time, still!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home