Friday, August 31, 2007

Thanks, Amy

I am sitting in an MRI place in Winter Park while Keith gets one of his last follow up appointments done. This one has been dreaded for over a week and I'm just so glad that it will soon be over for him.

Keith is doing much better. His stiches are out, his hand is feeling pretty good, and he is pretty much done with doctor's visits at this point. He still has the cast and is occasionally dizzy and nauseous (probably residual effects from his concussion... or a reaction to his new medication), but overall is much better.

Here's another reason not to feel bad for us anymore... I got a new job!! Yahoo! I don't start for several weeks (which is good because we have to find a day care for you know who), but I'm very excited and happy.

I will be working for a local hospital as a counselor to teens in high risk high schools. I'm really happy to get back into counseling and very very happy because this is a significant pay increase. We will finally have some financially security and will be able to eventually get a new car, travel, maybe even buy furniture one day.

So, just wanted to check in and share the good news. We are doing much better than we were a week ago, or a month ago.

I don't know how working full time will effect blogging, but I'm going to try to keep up with it.

All I can say is I'm so glad Amy got a new job, because I know that that aligned the planets for me to get one, too.

3 Comments:

At 11:04 AM , Blogger crazystegmamaof4 said...

Whohoo! I knew your luck was about to turn! Congrats on the new job and best of luck with that...awesome! :) And hoping good ol' Kiki is on the mend and has no more accidents. Oh happy day :) Love ya, T-Nasty Mama :)

 
At 11:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!
I'm so happy for you. I wish you lots of success in your new job.
Glad Keith is coming around; what an awful time he's had and how scary. Hope he is feeling 100% soon so you can really party and celebrate your new salary in style. (Does this seal the deal on going to Europe??) Good luck with daycare hunting. Hope to talk to you soon.
~Amy

 
At 1:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah for you! I'm sure you've missed those lovely big kids! ;) just as much as I missed my little ones!
~Leina

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home