Monday, March 06, 2006

I miss my old life. I had it really good. (Now, don't think I don't love my life, child, and husband.) But... I just read an old elementary/ junior/ high school friend's blog. Her weekend seemed to be all movies and naps and going out to eat. Jealous!

I think that I am also jealous because my wonderful inlaws came and babysat yesterday, allowing my husband and I to get out for a little while on our own. We had lunch, saw a movie (Walk the Line-- LOVE it!) It was a little taste of our old freedom. I had so many weekends of movies, naps, and restaurants (and going out, drinking, and dancing). It was so fun. Even when I was leaving my ex-husband and going through a bad divorce, I was still having some fun.

I'm not trying to complain or sound ungrateful, I just miss doing whatever I wanted to do whenever I wanted to do it. Oh, well. I'm a mom now, so those days are over. Boo.

2 Comments:

At 7:48 AM , Blogger sandie said...

It's natural. I liken it to being sick and realizing... hey, I never took advantage of being able to breath through my nose properly!

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger suebaby said...

Ah... Yes, very good analogy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home