Friday, July 21, 2006

Sad

One of the saddest things I've ever seen is when someone loses their mom. I've seen it happen to my own mom as well as to some others and it's just so hard. We've only been living here for a few weeks and are just kind of getting to know the neighbors, but recently something happened that makes it feel like we've been here longer than we have.

There's a little family one house down from us with two little girls, six and a year and a half. A few days ago, I ran into their dad outside who was visibly upset and shaken and he told me that his wife just died. I think she was only in her mid twenties. Apparently she had a heart attack. Shocking and so so sad. Sad for him, and so sad for those little girls. I feel so bad for the six year old who will kind of remember her mom, but barely, and then for the little baby, who won't even remember her at all. I don't know which one is worse.

Anyway. We're going to her funeral tomorrow morning. We barely knew her, but since she's died, we've gotten to know her husband and kids a little and felt like we should go, if for nothing else, just to be supportive of them.

I love you, Mom. Can't wait to see you soon!

2 Comments:

At 8:11 AM , Blogger Wendi Kitsteiner said...

We had a dear friend in Kentucy who went in to get her tubes tied and died from sepsis. She had six children aged 1 through 16. It still leaves me visibly upset if I start to think about it. It's wonderful that you went to the funeral ... I was unable to go and really wished I could have but was in Chicago at the time she passed.

 
At 10:59 AM , Blogger suebaby said...

That's terrible... I can't even imagine. It was nice to be there at the funeral to support him... he seems like a great guy and is doing well with his little girls. Grief and loss is hard enough, but when it's your spouse or your mom... that just takes it to another level, I think. I guess I don't really know, not having been through it myself, but that's what it seems like.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home