Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Taking some advice

I trust my husband above all others. But... I really don't like taking advice. I mean, I REALLY don't. I strongly prefer to do things the way I want to do them. However, this morning, Keith was leaving for work and I suddenly felt at a loss for what to do with myself and our child for the day. So I asked him what we should do. He immediately answered with, take Jack on a walk in a few minutes because it's not hot yet (it was about 7:15), then take him home, let him take his nap at home and then take him to the Altamonte Mall (this mall being suggested because they have a huge indoor playground and it's a nice change of scenery for both of us).

I almost said, "Nahh... we'll just..." but I had no better ideas and I thought, what the hell, let's try something new. So, Keith left and I put Jack in his stroller and we walked for awhile, having breakfast on the go. Then we came home and a VERY CALM AND HAPPY BABY played by himself while I cleaned the kitchen. Then we practiced crawling at promptly at 9:30 he went down for his nap. Wow. I am humbled and impressed. And a little sheepish. For months, Keith has been subtlely saying, "Jack sure likes to go on walks in the morning" and "I took Jack out this morning and he's been in a good mood ever since...". And I'd think, whatever. I didn't want to take Jack on a walk early because it was too early for me. But changing the pace a little has proven effective today and I will just try to chug a coke or something and get myself dressed a little earlier from now on.

You can bet we're heading to the Altamonte Mall the second that little monkey wakes up. Thanks, Keith.

2 Comments:

At 11:13 AM , Blogger Keith said...

Don't thank me yet as I'm sure the whole thing will go to hell soon and then I will have egg on my face (where did this expression come from anyway? Did someone make a bad suggestion and then everyone through eggs at their face back in the Roman times?)

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger suebaby said...

I don't know but I hate it. you know how I feel about eggs... and so far, the rest of the day has been great!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home