Friday, April 21, 2006

I heart Fridays

Have I ever told you guys that I love Fridays? It's my favorite day of the week. The possibilities of the weekend are endless. Ahhh...

We have sketchy plans throughout the weekend. They are as follows:

Friday~ Dinner with Robert and Kim? Very nice neighbors... Don't know how they'll feel about eating dinner with a baby at 4:00pm though.
Baby shower on Sat.
Sunday? I can't remember. Oh, crap, now I know. My excellent cousin and her husband are coming to town and we are supposed to meet up for lunch or something (hopefully at Wag's). I'm excited to see her and her husband and also to return the bassinette they so graciously shared with us. (Be sure to leave a little room in your car for that treasure, guys!)

Anyway, the baby is sleeping IN HIS CRIB! You guys, I'm such a firm and consistent mom!! I'm so proud of myself. It sucks while he cries for a few minutes, but everyday that we've been home together, he's taken his morning nap in the crib. When I was pregnant and when the baby was first born, my husband and I would watch Supernanny and we'd chastise the parents, but inside I'd be thinking, oh my god, what if we end up like this?! Well, the napping in the crib is a small step in the right direction saying that The Parents are in Charge. YES! I say that, because, to be honest, I really hate bratty kids, and I really don't want to have one.

Must go... have to make the most of this thirty minute break.

Have a great weekend.... LJ, I"ll see you at Wag's.

3 Comments:

At 10:27 AM , Blogger sandie said...

OMG WAGS! I have never loved a place I've never been, know nothing about, and have a stinkin' suspicion does not even exist SO MUCH. Wags!

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger suebaby said...

What, seriously? That's your age talking, LJ... Wag's is like a really bad version of Denny's and the mascot was was a little raccoon named Wags. So, I'll see you there?

 
At 4:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://dine.com/restaurants/rid/35644

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home