Monday, April 17, 2006

we's gots to be movin' on

I mean that, literally. Today we received a not so friendly letter telling us that our lease would not be renewed at our apartment complex. This is because of the argument that was had following the leaking ceiling/ mold/ rotten wood cabinets situations. Thank you to all of you who have offered advice and ideas to handle this crappy situation, but we're just going to go with the flow at this point. If they want us out... ok, fine, we'll leave. These people have made our lives crappy for long enough, and if they don't want us to live here, we'll just go somewhere else where people are nice.

I believe it's all for the better anyway. I believe this building has an underlying mold problem that, while they've cleaned up all the mold in our apt, I still think the spores are just floating around in the air... and into our nostrils and into our lungs... and the owner now hates us so much that even if we stayed, if we ever had some maintenance concern (like say our dishwasher broke or something), she would probably just chalk it up to us "complaining" and give us hell for it.

So, it sucks to have to move and we've enjoyed this apt, butI guess that's that, matress man.

So we plan to move.

Up for consideration (and you won't like this one, Stef): Kissimmee. For business, financial, and family reasons, it's a good choice. We'll see. It's just a thought right now.

Plus, as I've learned in life... (and it's cliche-y, but true... as is often the case with cliches) you just never know where life is going to take you. Moving to a new place could lead to all sorts of positive things... new oppurtunities, new friends (maybe some babies for our baby to play with), etc.

In comparison to some of the hard things we've dealt with in the past year or so, this is not such a big deal. I'll keep you posted on our soon to be adventures of finding a new adobe.

I'd also like to give a big shout out to Wendi K. of MN for remembering my birthday and to my Bobo for reading my blog. Love you, Bobo.

4 Comments:

At 8:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you so much sometimes I just wanna smash your face in!

 
At 10:15 AM , Blogger suebaby said...

This is funny...

 
At 9:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No!!!! Well, you know I hate the idea of you moving to Kissimee, but I love you and your family and know that I will support whatever it is that you have to do. That being said I'm still going to be sad, even at the thought of it. It really sucks that the assholes (excuse my language but it has to be said!) at your place can't get their property fixed properly and good people suffer as a result. IT JUST SUCKS!!! Now I'm in a sucky mood. But, despite that I do love you and if you need anything let me know.

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger suebaby said...

Thank you... and just to clarify... I believe it's a case of the a- holes "won't" get their property properly fixed... not "can't". We'll be better off without them and this place and hopefully find something close.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home