Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Some updates

First off, I just wanted to thank LJ for her kind comment on my last post. I know that we have everyone's support through all of this, but it's just nice to get supportive comments.

Anyway, the blood's been drawn and we are waiting for the results of the test to find out if Jack is anemic. The blood test was really not that bad, the nurse/ tech/ whatever was really good and fast so it was over in about a minute. The best thing was that there are no lasting effects of getting blood taken. I've gotten so used to immunizations and flu shots causing fevers, cold, swelling, soreness, etc, that I guess I just expected something, but once it was over, Jack was fine.

We have heard from our neurosurgeon and are taking a wait and see approach regarding Jack's recent head growth. He goes back to the ped. for round 2 of his flu shot on Dec. 1, so they will probably measure his head again then and we'll just see where we're at.

Right now, we are busy gearing up for some visitors. My dad will be here this weekend and then my brother will be here a few days later. Neither of them have seen Jack since last year, so these should be good visits.

In other news, hopefully everyone had a good Halloween. Our's was great. I went to work only to find a very slow night (not surprising) and then Keith called at 6:30. He said that he and Jack were trick or treating and I should just close up for the night and come join them. Well, that was about all the convincing that I needed. I went home and the three of us went out again to a few houses. Jack was dressed as a University of Miami basketball player... strange costume, I know, but we never got around to buying one and thanks to Grandpoppy, Jack has tons of UM clothes. So anyway, it all worked out great and was very fun.

3 Comments:

At 2:11 PM , Blogger sandie said...

I'm so glad you decided to start this blog awhile ago... I feel like we are a lot closer now mostly because of the magic of the internet!!

 
At 3:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was telling LJ that I had read your recent posts. I totally sympathize with you guys. Raising children, especially at the baby stage was the hardest thing I've ever done. With my first one I stayed home ALONE and didn't know another person with a baby. On top of that we were too poor to ever go out or pay a babysitter. I still remember those days. I always felt so competant and on top of things until I had kids. That was the end of ever feeling sure about anything. Even after I went back to work I always felt I was in control at work. I had 30 kids who did everything I said, but when I went home in the afternoon there were only 3 and they could push every button to send me in orbit!! Hang in there. There are a million people who feel the same as you do. I just think they stay quiet. It's only the "super moms" who are on the internet saying how wonderful life is and how happy they are. The kids are probably with a babysitter!!!!

 
At 6:25 PM , Blogger suebaby said...

I know... I feel the same way!! And Coco... you totally rock. You guys just get it... and that's so nice to know people that just get it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home