Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The boy walks!!! Kind of...

I guess this is how it goes? With babies and learning how to walk, I mean. Jack took one step, unassisted on Sunday afternoon. It was completely unexpected, and as far as I know, has not yet happened again. Which also leads me to think that it is likely that this was not his actual first step and that we have missed it, whenever it was.

Other Jack news... He continues to be afraid of the little door stoppers that screw into the baseboards. I thought it had passed but he just crawled over to one and poked it with his finger, only to start whining and looking at me like, "Have you seen this freakish monstrousity over here?"

Does anyone else know someone in the seventies that is completely over the line regarding sharing too much information with you? Maybe it's just that you get to a certain age and you just don't care anymore. I don't know...

There's a playground near our house that Jack and I go to once or twice a week. Whenever we go, there's this older lady who babysits a couple of little kids and they're all playing and hanging out there. We've gotten to know each other in the casual, "Hey, how are you, let's talk to the kids instead of each other." kind of way... or so I thought. This morning I walked up, and asked her how she was doing. Oops. This brought on an answer involving BOWEL PROBLEMS. I'll spare you all the details, but rest assured, I heard them.

She said she didn't feel good... and poor thing, she looked like she didn't feel good. I ended up spending the next forty five minutes helping her corral the three little ones she was watching. I felt bad leaving her there with no help... but someone was getting very tired.

I'm excited about next week. It's a short week for school which means Keith gets a little more down time and we're closing our business on Thursday due to the school closing, so we'll get a night off. We're also planning to go out BY OURSELVES AT NIGHT on next Friday to see a concert (the first time since our anniversary which was seven months ago)... YES!

I put dirty socks on Jack today because they were the only ones left that matched his outfit. Disgusting? Or Fashion Conscious? You decide.

2 Comments:

At 11:22 AM , Blogger Keith said...

Tell Helen to get some Beano and maybe some Garlique. Larry King loves them both and we all know he wouldn't lie to us.

Hope Jack isn't making you crazy again today with his whiny, teething, I don't want to eat or sleep, self.

Tell him if he doesn't be nice to his mommy, the monster will come home and eat him. Seriously. I will eat him. Rahhrrrr!

 
At 11:48 AM , Blogger suebaby said...

He's being nice to his mommy, but she wasn't nice to him by letting him bump his head on the tile floor. You'll see... the bump on his forehead is a lovely shade of purple. I suck.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home