Monday, September 25, 2006

So this is how the day goes.

Mondays and Thursdays I work my part time job in the office. The day goes a little somethin like this:

7:00am wake up, if not already. Get ready for work in five minutes, hopefully before Jack wakes up and starts crying.

7:15 Diaper change and dress Jack for the day.

7:20 Downstairs to give Jack his morning bottle. If it's not already prepared by Keith, add an extra minute to make it.

7:25-7:45 Give Jack bottle... mind races about work, Jack, household chores that still need to get done.

7:45- 8:15 Wash dishes, get Jack's food for the day ready, get him set up with toys and/ or tv.

8:15 Help arrives! Grandpoppy arrives to take over and I leave for work.

8:20 I haven't left yet because I'm still trying to explain to Grandpoppy how to make Jack's bottles.

8:20 Leave for work.

9:00 Arrive at work. Today I drove to an elementary school about forty miles away from home to meet with two of the counselors I supervise.

10:30 Back in the car, driving to the office.

11:00 Arrive at work, realize that I have no lunch and it is lunch time, but I just technically arrived at work.

11:30 Return messages/ emails.

11:30 Get lunch and eat it at my desk. Work on administrative things.

1:00 Person interviewing for available position arrives. This goes well!

2:00 Person leaves, paperwork and phone calls follow.

4:30 Leave work, call friend on the way home, fight traffic.

5:00 Walk in to find in laws with Jack. Grammy is feeding Jack mashed potatoes that she didn't heat up and is wondering why he keeps taking a bite and then removing the food from his mouth with his hands and dropping it on the carpet. Grandpoppy is having a VERY loud argument over the phone with his own father and refuses to go outside. Grammy and I can't even talk about the day over the noise from grandpoppy. Jack just somehow keeps eating(?) his cold mashed potatoes.

Eventually, I find out that Jack refused to take one of his naps and drink one of his bottles.

Great. I reassure them both that this is fine.

I play with Jack while cleaning up the kitchen and living room.

6:00 Jack starts doing weird cough/ gagging and I'm sure he's about to throw up. Again. He got his

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home