Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The month of intensity

In an attempt to keep things lighthearted while at the start of what can only be called an Intense Month, I will blog about one of my favorite things. My best friend gave me a gift certificate for my birthday. I love gift certificates... some may say it's an impersonal gift, but I say it's a free shopping trip. Now I get to shop without the nagging worry of money! She's the best. I plan to spend every penny of it this afternoon.

Why is it an intense month? Because our son returns for his second MRI and follow up appt. with the neurosurgeon and I have some lovely medical issues of my own. On top of that, work gets crazy for both my husband and I because it's near the end of the school year. We also have to continue our search to find a new place to live. Also, my parents are getting ready to move to NC, which causes stress and chaos for them, understandably. It also causes sadness for me. They haven't seen our son since Christmas and will not be able to see him before they move. Then, they'll be moving and who knows how long it will be. Very disappointing. So, basically there is a lot of stress and a lot of very emotional things happening. I just hope it goes fast.

3 Comments:

At 4:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, Susie you are the best!! Let me know if I can do anything to relieve some stress for you.

Love ya

 
At 9:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what you're saying is that if your life were in fact a TV show, that this would be the big sweep's month?
Not to get all optimistic on your ass, but hopefully it will be the month that you get the MRI results you are hoping for and find a fabulous, mold-free dwelling in an exciting new local. And, I wish I had relatives in NC to go and visit, as that is such a beautiful place. (Would the fabulous Dee mind a pop-in from the Ramos clan?)
p.s. As I was writing this comment, I got a call from HR about the application I put in to work from home doing customer service. That's right, baby! I'm planning to ditch the cubicle and start up a freelance writing gig from home (supplementing my income by taking HSN calls in the middle of the night). I think things might finally be getting weird enough.
Cheers!
~A

 
At 9:50 AM , Blogger suebaby said...

Thanks for the messages of optimism... I know I sound like a downer, but it actually helps me to not "hope for the best" because as I've found on more than one occasion in the past year that that just leads me to be dissappointed. Instead I try to keep everything in perspective and just be realistic.

Anyway, great news about the work from home gig! Keep me posted... that would be so awesome if you had more time to write... and dee fabulous would love a visit from you and your familia anytime!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home