Monday, May 08, 2006

The impending second MRI

I just read my husband's blog and the reality of MRI #2 is setting in. I may or may not write about it again, I just don't know. However, in case you haven't read K's blog, here are the facts:

May 19~ The MRI is at 2:00. Our son has to fast for 12 hours leading up to it. This even means no water. I already feel my heart breaking for him. MRI is about a 45 minute procedure, then we can see him. He will most likely still be completely sedated and drugged, but we will get to be there while he wakes up. This was very hard last time. As long as he comes out of the anesthesia ok, then we're free to go. We won't know anything about the cyst at this point.

May 24~ Yes, that's five whole days later. We have our follow up appt. with the neurosurgeon to review the results. This is when, you guessed it, we're told what's what with the cyst. This will be the day that we are told what the next step will be.

Just like last time, I'd really prefer not to get phone calls about this, even though I know you are all just wanting us to know you're thinking of us. If you want to contact me during all this, please just email or comment on the blog. I'll let you all know the prognosis soon after the appt. on the 24th.

Thanks for being so patient and respectful. I'm sure it's hard for you guys to just sit and wait, but it's really the only way I can do all this.

In 16 days we'll know our next step.

1 Comments:

At 8:58 AM , Blogger sandie said...

The fasting part really sucks. Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home