Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sad stuff and exciting stuff

It's been a hard past few weeks for a few people I know. A lot of people seem to suddenly be going through some big stuff... death, divorce, etc. I'm the lucky one this time, as everything is fine, if not chaotic in our home. I just want those people to know that I'm thinking of them.

My parents are coming this weekend. This of course, is not sad. They will be seeing our new home, new place of business (it's almost ready!) and Jack, for pretty much, the first time, since he really became a person. I say this because the last time they saw him, he was three months old and wasn't doing a whole lot other than crying. Which, of course, he didn't do while they were here (if memory serves).

Anyway, Jack is like a real little toddler/ kid now, with toys and tv shows that he likes and food that he likes. He does certain little things to tell us when he's tired. He has little friends and places he likes to go. He has his own little life now. I'm excited for my parents to hopefully learn some of these things about him. It's not the same trying to explain that kind of stuff in a blog or over the phone. That's the kind of stuff you just have to experience with a little kid or a baby in order to really know about them.

I also am excited for Jack to finally get to spend a little time with someone I'm related to. Jack spends most of his time when he's not with us with Keith's family. Jack has only met my brother twice, my father once, and my parents twice. Luckily, once we got to hang with Mr. and Mrs. Littlejeans, too. That totals up to six visits in his whole life with people that I'm related to. Ugh!

And, of course, there's always the option to take Jack to see them. Well, that's not so easy right now. There's the issue of time away from work and from the business (which is taking just about every free minute either of us have right now). My parents and brother live in North Carolina. And, to be honest, I'm just not up for loading Jack and all the things he will need, on a plane to go to a strange place and stay with people he really doesn't even know yet. Jack couldn't even make it back from Tampa without a Huge Scream Fest. And it only takes an hour and a half to get to Tampa. So, I won't be putting myself, Jack, Keith, and all the other people on the plane through hell to get to North Carolina. It will be a much different story when Jack grows up a little bit.

So... I think it will be good for Jack, although he won't really get that it's family right now... he's too little. But maybe over time, if he's able to spend more time with them, he'll get to know them and remember them. I think that would be great.

It's exciting....

2 Comments:

At 8:44 PM , Blogger sandie said...

It'll be so much easier when our munhkins are a little more, ahem, mature to do get-togethers and whatnot. And cuter! They can play with each other and everything! It is so cool how close in age they are!

 
At 6:08 PM , Blogger suebaby said...

I know!! And Happy Birthday to you and yo mama!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home