Sunday, January 21, 2007

Cheerios and french fries... Miracle foods?

Well, I had a bad cold for awhile and then it seemed to go away. Then... I got a mysterious, painful, weird bout of a stomach virus. Let's just say it was awful. This has been for the past week. Well, for the past two days, I'd been slowly feeling better and then today I started getting these weird stomach cramps/ pains (this was all happening about an hour before a birthday party we were supposed to be going to) and I decided to eat some cheerios.

I immediately felt a little better. Better enough, at least, to suck it up and go to the birthday party. An hour later, we are at the bowling alley birthday party and someone hands me Jack's grilled cheese and fries... his complimentary birthday party bowling alley dinner. I eat some of the fries... suddenly I feel better than I have in two freakin' weeks!

Maybe it's just coincidence and I was already getting well. Or maybe... french fries are amazing healers wrapped in a crispy, fried, salty wrapper or goodness.

Anyway, I am happy.

In other news, Keith and Jack seemed to have a great weekend. They went out and about a lot to give me time to rest. Jack is doing great and talking up a storm. Keith is also doing great and talking up a storm.

3 Comments:

At 8:09 AM , Blogger sandie said...

I have always considered french fries to be magical little healers... I'm so glad you are finally feeling better!!

 
At 1:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to hear that Keith is talking up a storm. I was worried that boy would never come out of his shell.

Kidding!! I miss you guys. Glad you are feeling better.

Love,
S

 
At 5:42 PM , Blogger suebaby said...

Thank you, thank you, lovely family and friends. I'm glad, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home